17 Jun Featured Trainer: Heather Roussel
Get to know Heather with these 10 facts!
- Hometown: New Orleans, LA
- On the weekend she is: Studying, cooking, or enjoying time with friends … and occasionally binge watching Netflix.
- Favorite post-workout snack: rice cakes with almond butter and honey
- Her favorite song to jam out to: Iggy Azalea – Bounce\\Certifications/Degrees: American College of Sports Medicine – Certified Exercise Physiologist, Level 1 RKC Kettlebell Certification, Trigger Point Certification, B.S. in Kinesiology, completing a Master’s of Occupational Therapy.
- How she describes her classes: fun with a focus on education.
- Places she has lived: Baton Rouge – LA, Dallas – TX, Denver – CO
- Favorite stretch: pigeon pose from yoga
- Favorites spot in Houston: Lowbrow, Petrol Station, Blacksmith
- Biggest fitness accomplishment: I recently competed in my first bodybuilding competition in which I competed in figure and physique divisions. It was an amazing experience and has been a dream of mine since I discovered the sport while recovering from a back injury in 2010.
Health & Fitness has always been an integral part of Heather’s life. Since childhood, she was involved in numerous sports and was a competitive swimmer in high school. She also discovered her strengths in power-based sports in college as a power lifter. Since college, she have picked up cycling and running. She enjoys competing in local 5k’s, 10k’s and the occasional half marathon.
Heather has been working as a personal trainer since 2005. She graduated from LSU with a B.S. in Kinesiology and a minor in Philosophy and currently holds a Exercise Physiologist Certification through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Heather is also currently attending Texas Woman’s University pursuing a Master of Occupational Therapy. Her background includes working with a diverse client base, but she specialize in working with special population groups and individuals post rehab. Heather’s training philosophy includes a focus on functional training, injury prevention and improving general health.
Heather’s goal has always been to empower individuals through education. Most people are not looking to score touchdowns or look like models, they just want look and feel better in order to improve their quality of life. Heather’s background makes her an optimal teacher for the mobility