10 May Featured Recipe: Chicken Salad
Chopped Asian Chicken Salad with Ginger Chili Lime Dressing
This is one of my favorite Asian salads because it’s packed full of veggies. You can reduce the amount of rice noodles or not use them at all if you’re looking for a lower carb option!
2 chicken breasts or 5 chicken thighs, marinated in teriyaki sauce, grilled and chopped
- 3 heads of romaine, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ cup broccoli slaw
- 1 cup purple cabbage, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced into large chunks
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces rice noodles, cook and strained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 -2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Additional add-ins: kale, spinach and bean sprouts
- Ginger Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
Using a large serving dish, place in all your greens. You can use romaine but also can use kale and spinach! Then in a rainbow like fashion, layer all your other toppings: carrots, broccoli slaw, red pepper, rice noodles and purple cabbage in rows. Top with grilled chicken, cilantro, sesame seeds and green onions.
You can serve like this, so people can pick and choose what they want with their greens. It is great to serve it this way for kids. You can also toss the salad with ¼ – ½ cup of dressing, lightly coating all of the ingredients.
Ginger Chili Lime Dressing
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together well! Be generous with the lime juice and adjust the chili sauce so it’s the perfect amount of heat for you! I like to let it sit for a few hours in the fridge before, but it is good both ways!